Google just introduced a new partner program that allows individuals and businesses to become Google Adsense Certified by taking an exam and meeting certain qualifications (below). What I want to know is… what side of the schizophrenic bed that Google sleeps in is this coming from.
Google is constantly tweaking their algorithm in an effort to keep made for adsense websites away from the search results, and rewarding big brands with premium postions. Now I ask you Big G, how many of those big brands are monetizing their websites with adsense???
In reality, most of the big brands that are given top spots are using some form of impression based ad platform because they focus on getting traffic to their websites but don’t expect people to actually click on ads and leave.
This is why we have seen new forms of ads like the “site takeover” that has become quite common, where an advertisement dominates almost every area of a website… in order to get eyeballs on it. Obviously, this wouldn’t be necessary if people were clicking on the 460×80 adsense ads that google came up with.
So my question is, why have businesses become certified to teach people how to make more money using adsense, when often times sites get punished for having too many ads, or ads in positions that google frowns upon? Just confusing… but hey, I just build niche sites.
If you are interested in becoming Google Adsense Certified, you can read more about the requirements below:
Certified Partners Program requirements
Partners who agree to the Google AdSense Online Certified Partner Program Terms and Conditions are required to adhere to the following policies, so please read them carefully. If you fail to comply with these policies, we may revoke your Certified Partner status. Because we may change our policies from time to time, please check here often for updates. In accordance with the Google AdSense Online Certified Partner Program Terms and Conditions, it’s your responsibility to keep up to date with, and adhere to, the policies posted here.
AdSense expertise and tool usage
- Partners need to have an AdSense account and prove their AdSense product knowledge in an examination (learning material will be provided).
- Partners need to provide a real-life AdSense case study or an AdSense acquisition proposal to showcase their proficiency. The Google AdSense team will provide a template for that purpose.
- Partners must use the AdSense account management platform provided by the Google AdSense team to manage clients.
- In some cases partners may not be able to use our account management platform with a particular AdSense client. Google expects full transparency about a partner’s interaction with the AdSense publisher in such a case.
- Partners should be managing all ad units of a client’s AdSense account.
- Partners must represent a business and be legally incorporated to do business in their locality.
- Partners must acquire AdSense publishers and deliver high-touch AdSense optimization service for their clients.
- Partners must provide a business plan on acquisition and optimization of AdSense publishers which will serve as a performance indicator. The Google AdSense team will provide a template for this purpose.
- Partners need an existing client base and/or a strategy on how to ramp up and grow their AdSense client base.
- Partners need a sales force that is able to acquire and optimize Google AdSense publishers.
- Partners must make sure that all their sales representatives who work on AdSense clients are Google AdSense certified.
- Partners need to provide quarterly reports about their performance, including acquisitions and outreach activity, number and impact of AdSense optimizations and a business plan for subsequent quarters. The Google AdSense team will provide a template for that purpose.
- Partners must clearly differentiate their AdSense services from other services that they may provide and only use the AdSense Certified Partner badge on materials related to AdSense services.
- Partners must collaborate with the Google AdSense Certified Partner Team and are in fair competition with other Google AdSense Certified Partners in their market.
More details here: